Friday, July 17, 2009

The VERY First Time...

WOW! This was the very, very, very first quilt I COMPLETED! I say it like that because there is a baby quilt out there that was CLOSE to being completed when I realized I really wanted to be able to say I OWNED the first quilt I completed...so I got to work on (and finished) this one before actual completion of the baby quilt. I "get" that his is a little twisted, but so am I. :-)









Basically it is a small lap sized wall hanging...LOL...The pattern called for it to be a kid sized lap quilt, and it was done in pinks and greens. I can't remember what magazine it was from, and I am too lazy to go try to find it. However, the funny part is that when I saw it I instantly thought of how simple and easy it would be! LOL, I have been quilting longer now and think this was quite ambitious for a first time project! Thank you Jackie, for seeing me through this one. You have infinite patience, I now know...LOL

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

You are right. This was ambitious...all those points. You did an awesome job! Love it.

Michelle said...

Hi Rachel,

i am going to call you soon to talk cameras. i keep forgetting to bring my camera to work so that I have it with me when I call though. What are good tiems to call? i am dying to hear what you have learned!

michelle (suzie's friend)