Friday, July 17, 2009

A Labor of Love


This quilt was SO much fun. It was made for my daughter. It was a group effort. My Sister In Law is an awesome, amazing, talented quilter. For years she lived near (ish) me and gently suggested I might like quilting. I resisted (What is the point when you are incapable of sewing a straight line?). Approximately one month after she moved half way across the country I decided I wanted to learn to quilt (Yeah, I know all about great timing!). At any rate, she had a friend who quilted and was going to be moving close to me. So, long story short, her friend (and now mine!) taught me and my daughter how to quilt (something I will always be grateful to both of them for).

Along comes April, and I decide a fantastic gift for my book loving daughter would be a "bookshelf" quilt. Then I had a brilliant (yes, I am taking credit...LOL) idea that it would be awesome for Kim (my daughter) to receive a quilt made by her mother, her quilt teacher (Jackie) and her Aunt (Suzanne)....OK, only slight logistical problems involved here (remember the move half way across the country?)

Regardless of our geographical issues we did it (ON TIME!). We super personalized this. I went and took pictures of the hundreds of books my girly could not consider parting with, so each block represents something she really owns and loves. Many of the books have titles embroidered on them, the fabrics were all chosen specifically for what they represent. It was a lot of fun, and she loves it (PHEW! I am so glad!)

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I loved being a part of creating it and I love knowing how much it is loved.